As you may or may not know from this post I finally caved and bought an ice roller. They are everywhere and seem to trend as far as beauty tools go. But trending or not they’re some interesting ice roller benefits and it’s inexpensive and an easy-to-use tool. So why not have it in your arsenal of beauty tools?
Since owning my ice roller I have been consistently using it for both my AM & PM skincare routine. I have dry skin and since I was sick my skin has become even drier. And around my nose, it felt rough and textured-like. Ice rolling (before & after) my skincare I noticed how much smaller my pores looked and how smooth my skin felt! Suffice it to say, I’m obsessed with ice rolling.
|Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase something through this post, I will receive a commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting A Simple Wallflower.|
Ice Roller Benefits
As I have just stated, the first thing I noticed when I first used my ice roller was how small my pores looked. And that is one of the benefits of ice rolling. Not only does ice rolling reduce pore sizes but it can also make rough, dull skin feel smooth and look lively. Besides reducing pore sizes and smooth skin other benefits are:
- Reduces Puffiness: The ice roller helps with lymphatic drainage when rolling in an outward motion (think from chin to ear) therefore increasing blood flow and reducing any puffiness on your face and eyes! Yes, you can gently use this on and around your eyes. And it’s why many love using this in the morning.
- Reduces The Appearance of Fine Lines & Wrinkles: While I can’t speak for wrinkles, I do have fine lines and when using the ice roller they become less noticeable.
- Tight-Looking Skin: Because it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and shrinks the pores your skin will look tight. And have a beautiful, youthful look to it.
- Skin Absorbs Product Better: Another thing I noticed while using my ice roller is how well my skin absorbs the product. This is great because now I’m using less skincare product since my skin can now better absorb it. And it’s because of the increased blood flow caused by ice rolling.
- Helps with Migraines & Headaches: Many have stated how ice rolling on the temples helps with migraines and headaches. The ice roller helps you roll away the pain.
It has a lot of skincare benefits but it also helps alleviate sore muscle pain and reduce the appearance of broken capillaries. And this little gadget is also great for soothing sunburns and skin irritants including redness.
How To Use
Using an ice roller is as simple as it sounds. You simply roll the cold therapy tool on your face or wherever you’d like. I love using it in outward motions when rolling my face and up and down motions when using it on my forehead and neck.
How often you use your ice roller is really up to you. But to see the benefits I highly recommend using it at least once a day. Most people love using their ice roller after their skincare, I, however, use it before and after my skincare. In the mornings I will use this before my skincare then once my skincare has settled into my skin I will use my ice roller again before applying my makeup.
At night, I will go ahead and ice roll before my skincare and then again after. Whether you choose to do it before your skincare or after you will notice the same benefits listed above.
It’s important to note that you should keep your ice roller clean. And cleaning it is simple, simply run your ice roller under warm soap and water then dry it clean with a paper towel. You want to keep your ice roller clean for sanitary purposes and to avoid any potential breakouts on your skin.
Lastly, store your ice roller in the freezer for optimal coldness. You can store your ice roller in the fridge, but for a much colder temperature and longer-lasting temperature hold when rolling the freezer works best. If you’re worried about the possibility of it catching a freezer or fridge smell this can easily be avoided by storing it in an airtight container or wrapping it in aluminum foil if need be.
Ice Roller vs. Gua Sha
There’s a difference between the ice roller and the gua sha. They’re similar in that they both sculpt the face and offer lymphatic drainage. However, the gua sha is a more intense toning and sculpting tool. And unlike the ice roller, you cannot and should not store the gua sha in a fridge or freezer. Because it is usually made of stone it can easily break, unless you opt for a metal version.
To conclude, there are so many benefits to using an ice roller. And an excellent tool to have if you have sensitive skin.