Over-the-knee boots are so fun because of how versatile they are! They make great seasonal pieces and because of that, they are excellent during colder months with providing extra warmth! They’re so many outfit ideas to wear with over-the-knee boots and I’m sharing a few stylish ways!
- Sam Edelman Sulema Knee High Boots // 2. Nine West OTK Heeled Boot // 3. Nine West Allair OTK Boot // 4. Stretch Over The Knee Boots
Outfit Idea #1: Over the knee boots with Jeans
Honestly, is there anything that doesn’t pair well with jeans? I love pairing my OTK boots with my favorite Everlane denim and cropped sweater. Alternatively, you can also style the boots with jeans and an oversized sweater that is half-tucked in the front. The denim is a great contrast against the material of the boots. The cropped sweater and the oversized alike add a nice definition to the outfit.
Outfit Idea #2: Over the knee boots with Dresses
I styled mine with a sweater dress recently, and I love that look. The boots add a nice layer of warmth to my bare legs. But they also pair great not just with sweater dresses but with shirt dresses layered with a belt around the waist and a long coat. It’s a nice casual-sophisticated look!
- Tie Waist Long Sleeve Satin Shirt Dress // 2. Scuba Mock Neck Crop Top // 3. Bateau Neck Sweatshirt Sheath Dress // 4. Sam Edelman Coat // 5. Square Keeper Belt // 6. J.Crew Classic Sweater Blazer // 7. Cowl Neck Satin Camisole // 8. Lulu’s Rose Gold Sequin Miniskirt // 9. Lulu’s Sequin Minidress
Outfit Idea #3: Over the knee boots for Work
Many people question if over-the-knee boots are work-appropriate. I’m here to tell you they’re the best piece you can wear to elevate your look! For example, wearing a crew neck mid-length dress with a waist belt and over-the-knee boots or a black top, blazer, and denim with over-the-knee boots both say I’m in the office and ready for business!
Outfit Idea #4: Holiday
Because it’s holiday season let’s style some OTK boots! Pairing over the knee boots with a sequin skirt and a solid top is a fun look! A sequin dress screams I’m ready for fun!
A few Tips to styling
OTK boots are so fun because as you can see, they’re a myriad of ways to style such a piece! To find your ‘perfect pair’ comes down to trial & error. It is tricky trying to get a pair of OTK boots that fit perfectly above the knee and don’t slip or wrinkle down. Some run wide while others run slim.
When wearing OTK boots Petites in particular tend to shy away from them as they feel it will take away height. I’m 5’4” (technically petite) but for those who are shorter, I can see why you may fear wearing the boots. Here are some quick tips to keep in mind:
- Add definition to the top such as an oversized sweater to give volume to your look.
- Shop around and try several pairs until you find the ones that speak to you!
- Wear vertical stripes as they give off the illusion of added length.
- Make sure your pants are well-fitted. Loose fitting pants with such boots will make you look smaller.
- Add layers! Especially if you’re wearing a mini-dress! Adding layers such as a belt adds seperaation and a scarf add great detail.
These tips are just a mini-guide if you’re unsure about styling the boots. They’re so many ways to style over-the-knee boots with so many different outfit ideas! This is just a small handful of ways. However, you choose to do so, have fun with it and most importantly wear it confidently!
xx Zee xx